Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tour Days ...... Do I have Diabetes? Maybe, the answer lies below!

No.
But I thought I did, for two days.
Couldn't stop peeing. Every hour and a half the urge would come on sudden and I'd have to go right away.
I immediately googled  "can't stop peeing" and The computer said: YOU HAVE DIABETES.
I was playing a house concert in Calgary and it came on mid song I started hopping left to right. The people probably thought he's really grooving to this song.
Nope, that was just the pee dance. After the last chord I put down the giutar and ran into the house.
Came back out picked up the guitar again and said sorry but I really had to pee and continued on with the show.
I even started a chart on my iPhone entitled Pee.
It had one entry.
Then my Diabetes got cured.
Yup, I cured it.
I assume.

Clearly I have given up on the daily blog. That lofty pledge should never have been made.
Right now I'm in Okotoks, AB just south of Calgary, I had planned to pitch my tent on the local camping grounds but it seems it is severe thunderstorm warning. I just sat in my car for 20 minutes waiting for the hail and rain to end before running into a local pub.
I don't remember what my last post was and refuse to check.

THe camping gods have been with me so far. as I've been able to sneak in to camp sights late at night and leave in the morning with out having to pay.
I did put in my dues in Red Deer when I had to set the tent up in pouring rain and found that there was a leak over my face.

Swift Currant was a fun gig just like last time everyone was drink and we went out afterwards to a local karaoke bar. I walked in to two boys "singing" To the Windooooows! To THe Walls! Til the Sweat drip down my balls!"
Gotta be the first time I heard Lil' John on the ol' karaoke box.

I've been in mostly anti party mode for this tour. I've turned down numerous shots and usually sneak away from the after show shenanigans. I'm trying to make these touring ventures a profitable venture and the less hangovers I have the better.
I still drink everyday though.

THe house concert in Calgary was fun. Kids are hilarious. they love music they don't care if you're playing a slow song they still stomp and dance like Lady Gaga was blaring on the stereo.
One weirdo sat right in front of me with a bowl of raspberries and used a stuffed bears paws to mash them into paste. when that was done he got up and left leaving the bowl and the bear.

I've just finish playing 5 shows in BC.  I really like driving around BC the mountains are fantastic and the shows were a lot of fun. I think White Rock was my Favourite even though I was competing with the Vancouver Folk Fest and Bruno Mars.
I spent to much time by the water as you can see from this photo of my leg. the top part is vanilla the bottom is hellfire.

OK I'm going to figure out what I'll be doing tonight. 
Next blog I will write about my gig at the University of British Columbia's Diary Farming Research Centre. It involves a Slip and slide. 
PLus I may have a video compilation of my 3 attempts at singing a sugar Ray song at a Karaoke bar.
Fun stuff!
- Neil Crackowe!
twitter @eyeswidemusic
facebook www.facebook.com/eyeswidemusic
Buy my music www.eyeswidemusic.bandcamp.com





No comments:

Post a Comment