Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

East Vs West Tour: Day 1 Sault Ste Marie

Last night had a few beverages with so friends before I pulled a runner from Barrie.

It was a grand old time.
Best part  of the night was that I learned my friend Ian's License plate says Boys 424
I asume that means he's had 424 boys and counting.

Then I had to get up early and pack the road weary Mazda.

And drive away from these two.



I am not playing a show Tonight, nor will I tomorrow.
Some would say "that's not a good tour."
And I say "You try booking 2 months of shows and have everything line up perfect!"
The only place worth playing is Loplops but being a mid northern Ontario venue (the only cool place to hang and listen to original acts between Sudbury and Thunder Bay.) Makes it difficult to get a gig. I played here once with a sour turnout on a Wednesday night. Which I predicted.
 New city, solo acoustic player, people of the town are not too keen on new music at first. Plus I have went to a Free show at a hockey arena where Bedouin Soundclash and Broken Social Scene played. There may have been 200 people there. (The same arena where Kiss has played and sold out or close to , I'm guessing)
but with such a bad turnout for those 2 well known Canadian bands what hopes does li'l ol' me have.
Not much as it turned out.
So every time I come through I swing by have a few beer and chat with Steve the owner or his dad and be on my way.
Maybe I'll play there again maybe I won't who knows.
Here's me drinking a beer.

I had planed on busking for a bit, but as I cruised the main strip and waterfront areas I realized no one was anywhere. 
Really. Downtown I saw 4 people. 
Waterfront had about 6 fisherman in different spots and the odd old lady every 150 meters. 
No real point other than practice. 
So I went for a jog instead.
I told Steve about the busking dilemma. 
He said "Ya, It's a lazy town."

Saw this while running the waterfront. (Gotta stay active while touring, sitting in a car and drinking beer at night does some physical damage I've learned)

I wish I had been quick enough to take a photo of the large woman who was clearly only in an electric wheelchair because of her weight. Legs splayed out left and right jetting across an intersection holding 2 large pizza's on her shoulder. It reminded me of the Disney movie WALLE, where the humans let themselves go and can't do anything for them selves also restricted to electric wheelchairs.

So there you have it Blog number 1 on Day number 1. 
Who doubted me?
Ya I figured it would be you.
So look forward to my 2nd post about Thunder Bay where I also do not have a gig. 

Oh what's that you want to creep me just a little more?
OK, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, 
and buy the music on Bandcamp.
The event page for the tour is Here.

-King Neil Crowe the 14th




No comments:

Post a Comment