Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 25, 2013

East Vs West Tour Blog: Day Number COWS!

Before I played at The University of British Columbia's Dairy Farm Research Centre I had a day off and thought I'd splurge on a day at The Harrison Hot Springs resort. It cost $150 but the front desk woman upgraded me and gave me parking for free.
Not too shabby, It had an adults only hot spring pool and and after 10 until 1 it was also adult only in all the pools.
I thought, Awesome! I might have some, fun party it up a bit. Have some drinks.
Get my robe on...

And head to the pools.
All old people.
Mostly Asian old people.
I was a white pail giant swimming back in forth of a pool edged with cranky looking elders with the occasional pot bellied balding man.
Also the "Pool side bar" was in a building beside the pools and no alcohol was permitted in the pool.
Alright.
Let's get out of hear and head to the local Pub. It's a tourist town. Gotta be something going on there.
Nope 5 dudes sitting at the bar playing Keno Poker.
I had a Beer and a whisky and back to the resort and after a quick look back at the pools again to find nothing. To bed I went.
In the morning I went for a jog. out on the lake they had a crazy inflatable jungle gym thing.
but it was closed.

One more dip in the pool with the elderly Asians and it was off to The Dairy Farm.

THe farm is filled with 19-25 year olds who are getting a degree or doing research on how to better the milking procedures of dairy cows or how to make them comfortable.
People are watching them eat, sleep, graze and running different kinds of tests.
Every Thursday the kids have a big dinner and stay up to party despite half of them having to get up at 6 to feed or chase the cows. Also despite the fact that they have the weekend off and could hold off their weekly dinners by a day and not have to get up.... Kids eh?

I was shown around and had to wear these killer blue plastic booties. So I don't spread my disgusting Ontario disease to the calfs.

Calfs have a tendency to get sick. What kind of sickness? Diarrhoea (hard word to spell) and pneumonia (another hard word to spell). So they keep them separate for a while.
THis guy was born 6 hours ago.


I heard lots pissing and shitting by the cows and found that they love these grooming brushes.

This one pushed another cow out of the way so he could buff his head.


After the tour we went to the pool.
Hay bales placed in a rectangle covered with a tarp. It was quite nice but needed to be continually refilled because of a hole in the tarp.


Slowly as work was ending more people showed up.
Everyone who was there was from other countries, Germany, Brazil, UK, France.
and soon after a slip and slide was created.
the Brazilians got hand soap and spread it out around the tarp when that ran out they got dish soal then laundry soap and even used powdered laundry detergent.


 butt shot
laundry detergent.


I played songs into the night which was very dark as there was no real light where I was playing and made an amazing meal to a flurry of mosquitos. Not the best situation for the performer (i.e me)
But a fun time was had. after the show we blared dance music from the speakers which drew the cops over. I went to bed in the front yard in my tent around 1 the same time they started up the slip and slide again.
They stayed up dancing until 3 or 4.
Sleeping was difficult, but I had a show to get to the next day.

Here's the Moose Jaw Karaoke I promised

Also here is my youngest nephew incorrectly saying Truck Boat.



Right now i'm in Regina for a house concert I'll be in Saskatoon tomorrow at Lydia's Pub. 
Manitoba's gig was cancelled. 
MANITOBA! Why must you forsake me to drive across you every year?

You should know the drill.
Twitter @eyeswidemusic
Facebook www.facebook.com/eyeswidemusic
Bandcamp www.eyeswidemusic.bandcamp.com
www.eyeswide.ca

-Neil "Crabapple Pucket" Crowe




No comments:

Post a Comment