Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I've been renamed....twice.

At work on Friday. I was given two new names.
The children felt The Mr. Crowe did not do justice to the awesomeness I exude.
Thus I was dubbed Mr. Crap and Mr. Shittypants. I think the last one is Italian.

To say the least it was nice to not have to work the next day.

I did an audition last week to be a street performer in Barrie this summer.
Me plus 4 our judges from Barrie, Toronto, Owen Sound, and Orillia.

I'm not really sure if I want to actually do it, or if I can because I will be off traveling the Canadian countryside in July/August area. but I figured what the hell. I've only busked once. It was in New York. I can't see any spot in Barrie having anything close to that effect Central Park had on me. Nonetheless  it will be exposure.
how grumpy do I look? I was actually trying to remember words.
I'm also wearing a She Roars! T-shirt an East Coast band I played with in Fredericton.

I returned to Toronto. I had the offer to open for a band at THe Smiling Buddha Bar. I didn't have much chance to promote because I found out about it the night before. I ended up with 12 people all from Thunder Bay(my home town). But here's why I bring this up.
I took off after my set and did not watch the main act. 
Not a great thing to do, I don't usually leave with out seeing the other acts. It seems rude. 
But this group of guys, who I have not seen in a long while and do not live in the area, wanted to go else where for drinks so I felt it was ok to slink off before the others started. 
But as we were heading out the singer was outside having a smoke and asked where we were going and told us it was his birthday. 
It was just, you know, I felt bad already but being caught leaving was like putting salt on the wound.

SO far it looks like I will not be apart of any Festivals this summer. I was hoping to get one or two and plan a tour around them. I've gotten either rejections and no replies. Which I guess is not a surprise. I'm new, I don't have a large following, I've not played many of the cities where the fests are taken place, and I'm not a full band. A lot of things going against me. 
So this month I will start emailing and calling venues to plot out a cross Canada tour first to the East, then the West, and finally back to the Toronto area. 
I've been collecting venues over the past year and have quite a good list, a mix of bars, coffeehouses, and music venues. I'm always adding to it. 
If any of you out there know of a good place to play in your hometown let me know I'll try and get a show there  this summer.

I may have sent this before, I've sent my CD off to the Canadian College radio stations, since it was released, but I never knew if it was being played or not. But now I have proof that my songs ARE being played (at one station anyway) The Ex in Kamloops, BC lists it's daily log and my songs pop up once or twice a week. They even played the intro track. Which I never expected anyone to play.
There we are at the bottom my song Waiting is in a set with Gas Light Anthem, Motorhead and Dashboard Confessional. Not too shabby if I do say so. Sure Eyeswide is supposed to be one word, what can you do? 
I must Thanks The Ex ( http://www.thex.ca/ ) for playing my songs. 

New York coming up. So far only one show I'm playing Piano's on May 26th. I would like one or two more butI can't complain. I'll be on Vacation with my girlfriend and I get to play a cool club in NYC.

I've go to practice some guitar before lunch.
Off I go.
-Neil
www.eyeswide.ca







No comments:

Post a Comment