Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tonight I choose nothing, and you get to read about it.

This is all I want to do tonight. Yup I sleep on the floor. It's a personal choice.

It is Earth Hour tonight. I have decided to stay at home.
As I was laying here I figured I would blog about what I do during my time of not doing anything.
I thought about starting to make a couple of gig posters.
I've got some upcoming gigs around southern Ontario. Since I'm not doing any major touring until he summer (all of Canada, that's the plan anyway) I decided to send out some emails to surrounding coffeehouses. And so far looking good. Heading back to Toronto, and then I'll be playing a few cities I've never played before. Oakville, St Catherine's, and South River. Plus, I'm hitting New York in May as well it's supposed to be a vacation, but...
Anyway the shows are not for a while and I've basically got 3 weeks to get them done.
So, no.
Posters will not get worked on.

Ah hell. I said last time I would talk about art shows.
Ok so first thing I'm doing tonight is blogging.
Blog.
I've been able to take part in an art show called Focus on Art for an Optometrist.
Chris Schell brings in a new artist every 2 to 3 months has an opening and there they will hang for a while.

It starts next month. I've got  6 canvas plus 3 or 4 framed photo's. One of my pieces I'm not too pleased about.
It's this one.
I did some shorts for a restaurant in Barrie, ON and they liked this series of a brick wall. Yup I took pictures of a wall. 
But every time I printed them they would not come out like this image. They would be too dark so I tried brightening them up a bit and then too bright. It was costing me money to experiment. 
When I started printing on canvas the pictures were coming out exactly like the images in the computer. I thought I would give this one another chance but it came out to dark. I like the pic. A lot of people think it's a painting, I just wish I could get it out exactly like I see it here.
If you are so interested head to www.neilcrowe.com for more art pieces. 

Needless to say I'm looking forward to the opening. Will I sell any? Who knows. I'll be showing it off plus during the opening I'll be playing some tunes as well. 
I'm also part of a Barrie Spring art tour in June.  I'll have a banner hanging downtown Barrie, ON with this image, for a few months.
it's around 5 feet long 2 and a half wide. 
That's pretty cool I thinks.
Anyway the Spring tour is a two day art show at various venues around the city. 
Just a little more exposure for Mr. Crowe.

Ok back to my lazy day. as of 8:08pm
I've got 22 min until it's lights out for an hour. I will close the computer and resume the excitement of what happens in 24 Weymouth Rd. 
But I've got just enough time to watch The Daily SHow with John Stewart. American Politics is like a soap opera to me. Everyone involved is two faced. How can you not watch!

Trump 2012! interesting.
Is that the year the US will get rid of all unions?

9:30 pm For the past hour I helped save the world.



So Earth Hour I wanted to do some looking around to see what the people have to say about you.
It does not assist with Global Warming. It seems it's more about sending a message. Which I support. I sat here in the dark. (had to turn on the lights to go to the washroom though, didn't want an accident.) Also Candles are actually even worse in creating carbon emissions than electric lights.
That I didn't know. 
I think maybe that Earth hour supporters should not suggest using candles. 
People who don't believe in Earth Hour seem to come off as jerks. Not because they don't want to be a part of it. But for the one s who say I'm turning on everything electrical in my house to protest it and calling everyone who takes part hippies and tree huggers. You could just not turn off your lights and ignore the whole hour of the one day of the year. 

I'm drinking a Killkenny. It's made in Ireland. It's got some niceness going for it, namely the alcohol content.
When I first decided to stay in I was very tired and did not want to move. Now I am somewhat awake and getting a little bored. 
Problem. 
My car is not here. The lady is using it.

I read a bit. 
What am I reading? So kind of you to ask.
Ken Follett's World Without End
It's interesting lots of things happening. It will also be the second or third longest books I've read.

Added some info to the art website about the shows.

Contemplating Mario Galaxy. 
Yes that's it Here I come Wii.


Darn.The batteries for the remote are dead and need charging. 
and in 20 min the Roommate is watching UFC. 
No Wii for me. 
Book and another beer. 

I'm going to watch In The Name of the Father again. I like Daniel Day Lewis so I Imbd'd him. 
I can't say I have any interest in watching his past movies outside of the 2000's except for in the name of the father. 
it's 1045 I think I will end this experiment of the doing nothing blog. 
until next time. 
-Neil 
www.eyeswide.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment