Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2011

While Promoting my CD I didn't play anything from it. I also hugged Grimace.

SET LIST Thursday Apr 14, 2011
To Believe
Infinity 8
Animal
Come Together (Beatles cover)
Brick
E-Dub
Dynamite (Taio Cruize cover)
What Are We Gonna Do Come The Month Of September (Matt Mays cover)
Man On Fire
I'm going to start listing my set lists. Here's the first one. Maybe I should add them to my website as well. What do you think?

I had my art opening the other night for the Focus on Art gallery showing at Chris Schell's Optometry Clinic http://eyecarebarrie.com/ I didn't have a huge turn out but that's ok as Tara said "It's the quality of the show." I remember Theo Huxtable saying something similar to his friends in the change room when they asked him how many ladies his been tappin'.
I was amazed at how good the sound was in that place!
Here I was hiddling with my floor monitor. No sound was coming out of it, then I realize, Hey now! I don't need this. The room sounds amazing!
Now I still need to look in to the monitor to see what the trouble was... later, later.
For some reason I decided the night before that i was not going to play any songs form my CD.
I don't really have a reason. Some might say "Um Neil that is foolish." or "You're a fucking retard."
But I say Ney!
I wanted to play songs I wanted to play. And the audience enjoyed it thoroughly. I actually ended up playing one track from the CD , Man On Fire. They were enjoying and I thought one more was in order. Sort of an Unrequested encore, if you will.
Sold a goodly amount of CD's and got hooked up with a well paid gig in June so The night was a success says I.
Summer tour booking is in full force so far Ontario, New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, and Alberta are locked in. As well another New York show added to the list in good ol' Rochester!

This is my red pick. It is my favourite. It's got a nice grip, not to hard, not too soft. Just right.
But some times it takes time off. Every now and again it disappears for varying amounts of time, and pops up just in time for an important show (but Neil are they not all important shows?) I had not seen this litlle guy for about 3 weeks before my Art opening show and 2 days before, there it is! it must be magic.

I am currently not drinking for the month of April. 15 days down 15 to go.
I find that with out the drinks I become less social in the evenings and go to bed earlier. I had free tickets to see Tokyo Police Club and Hollerado. after the opening band Dinosaur Bones, I went next door to have a seat until the next band set up. While sitting I got really tired and talked my self into going home to bed. I did see them already, I didn't pay for the tickets, I do have to work in the morning. Ya let's get outta here.  And off I went. 
I'm a party animal.
There have been a couple of times where i've craved a pint in a pub are a nice rye and coke in a heavy glass. That's about it. 

So how many of you have gotten a chance to hug Grimace. Or better yet who remembers who Grimace is? ok how about the Hamburglar? Oh Ya I was at McDonalds for a grand opening and hung out with the McFamily. Wouldn't you wrap your arms around that giant purple gum drop? 


OK that is all tonight. 
Next time, a child's game I refuse to play.

-Neil
www.eyeswide.ca 



No comments:

Post a Comment