Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Title Choice: Bonjour. Comma C'est va? Bon! or Justin Beiber was in Harry Potter.

I was bombarded with the French language this week.
3 days straight teaching the language to grade 7's and 6's, plus there was a French baby running around the house during those days.
Hard at work, with perfect hair.


I can't speak French very well but I taught it....kinda.
I passed out work booklets and told the kids to look up the words they don't know in the French/english dictionary.
I am a motivator.
I knew a good chunk of the words and could have easily told them what they mean. But as soon as they write their answer down, it would leave their head.
At least with them taking the time to look it up themselves they may have a better chance of remembering it's meaning.
I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what I'm going with.
I brought my guitar to each class the end of the period play them a song. I learned Dynamite by Taio Cruize
here's why I decided to learn that song. Sarah Winters does a very unexpected, haunting version, my version is slow as well, I may make a youtube video of it as well some day.
and barely got through Bruno Mars Grenade. Kids like that stuff so you know.....

I find that although the boys tend to dislike Justin Beiber quite vehemently, (what's a word like that doing in my blog?) they are the ones talking about him the most. Also they get his hair cut and wear the same clothes as him, soooooooo, Most likely teenage boys are closet Beib fans.
Apparently the Beib got a hair cut.  It's quite the news amongst the teens.
Lets have a look.... google search.....and
 
Well that's kind of underwhelming. 
I thought there was going to be some shocking new style. There he is. Along with this vigorous search I learned that the hair that was cut off, sold for over $40,000.
I actually think he looks like the girl from the Harry potter movies.Let's see,  google search.....

Holy Hell that looks just like him!
I think I discovered some thing.
                                                         Enough about Beiber. Beiber out.

So there was a little French Baby running around the house. 
I didn't know that at first. 
I'm speaking to him and getting no response. 
A little later in the day i hear his mother speaking french to him.
"Oh, " I say, "he only speaks French."
"no he speaks mainly french,some English and Spanish too."
um so this kid is 2 maybe coming on 3, and he's got a more worldly tongue than me. 
It wasn't that he didn't understand me he sensed his linguistic superiority and chose not to respond to a simpleton. 
Well I'll show him, I start speaking French to him whenever he's around, just the words I know Pomplamouse, Mecredi, un chein, just whatever pops in my head.  So far nothing.
On Thursday I come home after work, pretty tired go up to my bedroom  take off my pants, (pants can be so cumbersome) and get into bed. 
Shortly after the door opens and closes. I assume it's Gina, 
turn over, and there is the French baby staring at me. 
"Bonjour." I say
I get a nonchalant "Bonjour." in return
Success! the beginnings of a conversation.
"Comma C'est Va?"
nothing.
"Ca'va mal?" 
shakes his head. 
He walks over, lays down and grabs my dogs tail and rubs his face all over it. 
The French baby, turns out is not a dialectical arch nemesis, it is a dopey baby. 
His mother comes to the door, without opening it and calls for him to come out. 
He lift his head and yells "Non!" and resumes brushing his face with the dogs tail.
That was the last I say of the French baby, they all headed out friday morning to impose the sassy french, spanish english baby upon other mono-linguistic persons. 

This blog has no music info unless you count my rant of the Beib, which some may not. 
I guess that will happen time to time. 
I'm calling today music sunday, I feel like playing some old Jamiroquai tunes on the bass, and may start developing some song ideas I've put on the back burner.
Another day.....

-Neil
www.eyeswide.ca







No comments:

Post a Comment