Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Return of the alcohol and other less important things.

I can drink again.
It was a long month but I'm back on the sauce.
at 12:17am on May 1st I poured this beauty.
 The necessary equipment.
 The thick bottom glass is great, just like on a lady.
Oh, 40 Creek one day I will be your sponsor....



Short Teaching Tales

4 Square
It was stressed that you don't try to get anyone out.
A game where you pass a ball to other people in the 4 squares trying to advance to the fourth square.
The way you advance to the next square?
getting people out.
But you are not trying to get them out.
But you need to.
So ever time I would bounce the ball to a student making it difficult for them to return it, I would be in the wrong. But when the students whip the ball past me, they are in the right.
It's a stupid game.

Kids like to tell me that they know someone who is taller than me.
I guess they are putting me in my place. "Who does that guy think he is? Walkin' around all tall and stuff. Imma tell him what's what."
So this is my recent conversation.
Student is walking up to me in the hall.
"My cousin is bigger than you."
Great.
"Well my sister is bigger than you." I retort.
The lad looking defeated droops his head and says "I know."
"Oh ya? You've met my sister?"
Then he walks away.
Mr. Crowe 1, students 0.

Short Busking Tales

I've hit the side walk.
I'm playing to the masses.
I'm also hanging with my dog.
 Trail is my harmony

People so far have been quite courteous to my playing, sure there are folks ho walk to the other side of the street before they get to me, so they don't feel bad when they walk by not throwin' me change.
But you don't need to give me anything. People are allowed to just hang out and listen.

I must look homeless. A little girl came up to me with two boxes of dog treats.
I swear I'm not going to use the money on drugs. Just Whiskey.

I've seen a big fight in front of the Dollarama, and a crazy women was telling me how everyone is following her and trying to shut her up because they sell drugs and she doesn't. I felt bad for the elderly couple who walked past us at that moment.
So it's excitement on the corner and I get to play the theme music.

It seems college age boys like to laugh at me while they drive past. It's happened more than once. But on the plus side, I get extra long looks for the ladies driving by.
Take that college guy with your pink collared t-shirt and highlighted hair!

Told my mom my about my new side job as a street performer.
She was not happy.
"Uuugh, I've seen those guys around here. Why would you do that?"
Support to the bitter end.

It's good practice. I'm used to singing into a mic so I can sing soft and it projects. This is forcing me to belt out across the street, and across traffic. Very challenging for me, So I appreciate my time on the corner.

I've got a Festival to play tonight
The Music On Main Music Festival.
I'll be selling for the first time my Live at CHSR CD
I've decided to steal an idea from The Sons of York and put original art on the disc's. (I bought one from them that had Hawkman on it!) Everyone will be unique.
Here's a few pics:


If you want to see all of the ones I've drawn so far head to the Eyeswide Facebook Page
I'll be selling them for $5 half the price as my Full Length CD.

I've got some good shows coming up this month.
May 12 Cookstown, ON The Iron Horse
May 19 Toronto, ON The Only Cafe
May 21 St. Catherine's, ON Strega Cafe
May 26 New York, NY Piano's
May 27 New York, NY Kenny's Castaway's
May 29 Brooklyn, NY Freddy's Bar
May 30 Rochester, NY Boulder Coffee Co.

Maybe I will see a few of you blog readers there...

OK I believe the pile of dirty dishes are calling me or is that the Wii I can never tell.

-Neil
www.eyeswide.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment