Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 15, 2011

I bought some CD's! So should you...namely mine.

05/12/11
Set List for The Music On Main Festival

To Believe
Man On Fire
Dynamite (cover)
Infinite 8
Day Waster
What Are We Gonna Do Come The Month Of September (cover)
Further Down The Road
Pride
Brick
Standing At The Podium (w/ Grant Boyer and Cameron Austin's drummer, Rick)

The turn out of this show was not great a lot of people didn't seem to know that there was a Festival kick off this night. but after I played I got a lot of positive praise. It made up for the lack of people.

As I said before I want to buy more CD's so far I have procured 3
Sam Roberts-Collider
Iron and Wine- (I don't remember the name, but's the new one)
and Grant Boyer- (also don't remember the name but it's a live CD recorded at The Groundswell a place I played a few months back)

The Sam Roberts CD is awesome I really recommend it. Great grooves interesting lyrics. A little saxophone heavy a times though which is new for them.

Iron and Wine. I haven't gotten into this one very much I'm used to his simple acoustic songs or three piece songs. This has horns strings and samples. so at first listen I wasn't into it I'll give it another try when I've got a long car ride.
Grant is  great singer and it's cool to hear him play this soft soulful songs, since his in quite a heavy band called Entropy. I like the little audio treats he put in a the end of the cd.

I just joined Twitter. I do not have a twitter friendly phone. So I don't know how beneficial it will be for me right now. anyways if you are into twitter find me at @eyeswidemusic

Computer is going to die and I am too lazy to find the charger.
Good Day.
-Neil
www.eyeswide.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment