Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Last Canadian Show for a Week

Last 2 Canadian shows for a week were in Toronto and St. Catharine's
Next up NYC, Brooklyn, and Rochester.
Set Lists (plural)
Toronto The Only Cafe May 19, 2001

Set 1                                                                Set 2
Animal                                                            Man On Fire
To Believe                                                      Conscious Man                                          
E-Dub                                                             Come Together (cover)
Dynamite (cover)                                            Day Waster
Further Down The Road                                 Celebrity Status
#22                                                                  Broadripple Is Burning (cover)
If You Could Read My Mind (cover)             What Are We Gonna Do When September Comes (cover)
Infinity 8                                                         All Too Easy
Pride                                                               Brick
                                                                       ENCORE:
                                                                       Peaches & Cream (cover)
                                                                       Waiting

St. Catharine's, ON Strega Cafe May 21, 2001

Set 1                                                                                                 Set 2
Man On Fire                                                                                     To Believe
E-Dub                                                                                               If You Could Read my Mind (cover)
Frenemies                                                                                         Concious Man
What Are We Gonna Do When September Comes (Cover)            Animal
Further Down The Road                                                                  Infinity 8
Celebrity Status                                                                                Dynamite (cover)
My Love (cover)
#22
Pride

There we are, some set lists.

So I asked Now, the music/art paper, to put in my Toronto show in their calendar. This is what was placed.
See it there? right above parts and labour?
Ya, well, it worked. Two people came in and said they saw it in Now.
Simplicity works.

The Only cafe is a cool little venue on Danforth, it's part cafe, part bar, part hostel.
Great staff. If I lived there I would hang out during my drinking time.
Good beer selection too.
Andre and Rob from Paint come buy for a listen.
They told me about when they were in Barrie last during there set a hot girl came up to the stage and gave Andre a note. after their last song they all huddle around the drum kit excited to check out what she wrote on the note.
It said:
"Neil Crowe neil@eyeswide.ca"
It was from me I was drunk at the bar chatting with the drummer earlier my girlfriend passed on my info.
Somewhat of a let down for the band I suppose.
I don't put out.


Strega Cafe has amazing food.
I didn't have many people, it is the May long weekend everyone is out camping, plus that little old thing about the end of the world....
Sing!

I cut my hair for the first time since last summer. 
good bye long shag.
You shall be missed. Kinda.

here's a song from Strega!


I still don't have a phone yet that access' the interweb. so my twitter account lies stale. I have accumulated 5 followers though. Little did they know that they would be following nothing. 
If any of you miscellaneous readers would like the chance to follow nothing for the time being go to @eyeswidemusic
 I have had some witty Seinfeld-esque observations the last couple days. If only I had the phone to twitter upon. My account would blow up to Ashton Kutcher levels.
"He's so clever" they would say "He's so real" they might also say. 

TEACHER TALE
I'm out on recess duty, kids be runnin' around as kids do. One lad, larger than most (his size does not matter to the story, just thought I'd mention it), drops down in front of me from the equipment with a large ripping sound. We both stand there looking at each other  and at the same time look down at the crotch of his pants where there is now a big 30 cm (or 1 foot for you yanks) tear in his pants showcasing his underwear. 
I can't help but burst out laughing. but quickly rein it in.
"Sorry dude, but that was funny," I say.
"it's ok I can just hold it." As he pushes the ripped part in between his pressed together thighs and tries to walk.
I say "No you should head to the office see if they can give you a new pair or close up the hole some how."
"No, I can just hold it," still trying to walk with his thighs glued together.
"Nope,  to the office." I insist.
He starts balling. 
I say "Don't worry man it's just a pair of pants, you won't get in trouble."
In between the sobs he says "I want to keep playing! It's not fair!"
THis kid doesn't care that he's flashing his underwear, or that he ripped his pants, or that a teacher was laughing at him in front of his friends, or even that his mom might be mad at him. He's crying because he has to stop playing tag.
So I says to the guy, I says, "Get to the office."
End scene.

-Neil
www.eyeswide.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment