Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Former and Current CD Covers

It is Sunday June 24.
I've just finished recording.
I had to sing 2 songs today, Day Waster and My Songs. I also had to make an executive decision and scrap Celebrity Status for the time being. It wasn't working out right and  not enough time to make it right. I will be performing it across the Canadian landscape, and will record it in the future.

Right now Jeff is doing some tweeks to the vocals before the final mixing commences.
I've gotta say it's pretty weird listening to vocals with out the music to back it up.
Safe to say I will never put out an acapella album.

I've got a few of the Studio's lined up across Canada where I will be recording some songs that did not get to be on the album. Since it got shortened to an EP. the songs recorded on the road will be released a day or 2 after the session on Bandcamp and itunes...if all goes according to plan.
So far I will record at Unity Studios in Barrie, ON, James Murdoch's Studio in Edmonton, AB and Pumpk'n Patch Studios in Memramcook, NB. Trying to work out time in BC to get another one done, but it really depends on the gigs. my time in BC is very tight.

I've went through some changes for the CD
here's the 1st one I planned on using. I still really like the image. I took the photo in Montreal.
I will probably make use of it for stickers or a t-shirt.

This is the second version I was messing about with water colour backgrounds. I'll be using a version of this for the tour poster but in shades of brown. I may still include this image inside the CD, It's up in the air.

Here is the final draft still staying with the water colour theme. The album was almost called Water Colour, only because I had no idea what to call it. 

Because the album is taking more time than expected I won't be having a CD release party before the tour. Basically I'll be getting the discs have a couple days to mail them off to some radio stations and then tour time. Maybe I'll be able to do a late party when I'm done touring but it won't be until October... Kind of weird doing a CD Release 3 months after the album is out.  maybe I'll throw a CD Celebration. who knows. I've got months on the road to plot that out.

I also just lied about recording we are adding in some background na na na's! Right meow.
Here's Matt Snell

And Jeff Pelletier takes a crack at it.

Here's what Day Waster Looks like.
What do you think?
Will it sound good?
Tour dates continue to grow, Posters will be mailed out to the venues on Monday. with as current a tour schedule as possible.


Jul 12, 2012   Outlet             Thunder Bay, ON
Jul 13, 2012   Pappy's Cafe       Wabigoon, ON
Jul 14, 2012   Shooters           Kenora, ON
Jul 16, 2012   Shannon's          Winnipeg, MB
Jul 18, 2012   Spadina Freehouse  Saskatoon, SK
Jul 19, 2012   Akropol            Swift Current, SK
Jul 20, 2012   23 Main St. Cafe   Moose Jaw, SK
Jul 21, 2012   The Area           Calgary, AB
Jul 26, 2012   Haven Cafe         Sherwood Park, AB
Jul 27, 2012   Velvet Olive       Red Deer, AB
Jul 28, 2012   Rum Runner         Coleman, AB
Aug 01, 2012   The Storm Cellar   Banff, AB
Aug 02, 2012   Tonics             Kelowna, BC
Aug 03, 2012   The Last Drop      Revelstoke, BC
Aug 04, 2012   TBA                Vancouver, BC
Aug 08, 2012   Bushwakker Brewery Regina, SK
Aug 09, 2012   Centre for the Art Qu'Appelle, SK
Aug 10, 2012   Ellice Cafe        Winnipeg, MB
Aug 17, 2012   The Local          Barrie, ON
Aug 25, 2012   The Old Nick       Toronto, ON
Aug 28, 2012   The Spill          Peterborough, ON
Aug 29, 2012   Mad Cafe           Oshawa, ON
Aug 30, 2012   The Stinking Rose  Campbellford, ON
Aug 31, 2012   La Maison Tavern   Cornwall, ON
Sep 01, 2012   Avant Guarde       Ottawa, ON
Sep 07, 2012   The Loyalist Inn   Shelburne, NS
Sep 08, 2012   Rudders            Yarmouth, NS
Sep 09, 2012   House Concert      Yarmouth, NS
Sep 11, 2012   House Concert      Lunenburg, NS
Sep 12, 2012   Plan B             Moncton, NB
Sep 13, 2012   The Split Crow     Truro, NS
Sep 14, 2012   The Cellar         Fredericton, NB
Sep 19, 2012   The Rainbow        Ottawa, ON
Sep 21, 2012   Burritoville       Montreal, QC
Sep 23, 2012   CJ's Cafe          Bronte, ON
Sep 24, 2012   The Old Nick       Toronto, ON


The event page for the tour. Join it and find out the up to date additions or cancelations (of which I hope their are none.) EVENT

TAWD
A friend of mine is recording 15 songs in 15 days and posting them all on Bandcamp he is 1/3 of
The Morals  check the songs out over the next couple of days 2 are posted so far. GO HERE

Alright, Crowe out!
www.eyeswide.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment