Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

End of the Season and What did I buy?

So Today I taught my last class of this School year.
One day early School ends tomorrow, but I've got an early morning Rogers TV appearance.
And really, what are the chances of someone calling in sick on the last day.
I can't say it was much of teaching though. I literally played board games all day. Sequence was my game of choice. I destroyed those grade 6's.

So For the past 5-6 weeks I've had a cough, all through my New York Tour, the shows before it and after it, my throat was tickled.
(If you didn't watch the Video with footage from the Tour Do it now!)

I have been very frustrated with this. Being a singer it's not great breaking a line with a coughing fit. To avoid the coughs I had to HOld back the voice a lot. Not holding notes as long, not singing with as much "aggression" as I like to, and in some cases not even attempting the song.
I've been to the doctors twice so far, I've tried cough medicine, Allergy medicine, a puffer, Cold fx pills, nothing worked, I've been x-rayed. Lungs are clear. I've been looking on the interweb to see what I can find out and I may have post nasal drip. I've been taking an antihistamine and decongestant. We'll see how that goes, If it doesn't work I've got a 3rd appointment lined up... on my birthday.

The Jul/August Tour is pretty much set. There are a few confirmations I'm working on But I guess They don't get to be on my snazzy poster.

Not that I've been able to send any of them out because of the Canadian Postal strike. 
While booking his tour I got to look at a bunch of hunky Firemen. I needed a calendar to help keep track of the dates and the only one we had in the house just happened to be Barrie's Firefighters. 

Sweet Mr August!

I'm all over Canada this Summer, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, Moncton, to name but a few. Head to the Facebook event page To see all the cities and venues and sign yourself up for the attending side of things. HERE

I had planned to get new t-shirts made up with the tree logo. But the fellow I went through is unreachable. I had such a good deal, all the other companies feel outrageously overpriced to me. One company wanted over $10 a shirt!
It's getting pretty late since July 8th is the start. So we'll see If I'm able to come up with something.
If anyone has a suggestion for Screen printing t-Shirts send me a message.

I've made some purchases.
Musically. 
Eddie Vedder Ukelele Songs
THis is one of the best purchases, not for the songs, but for the cd Case it self. THe songs are good, but It's rare when you get a really cool case It's like a hard cover book every page is a cool photo of Ed in Hawaii and the other page is the lyrics. 
Like I said solid songs. He picks some great covers. I'm a big fan of old songs. Dream A Little Dream and Tonight You Belong To Me are great. 
Foo Fighters Wasting Light
The Foo's are always good for some good rock songs. This one was a little weak for me Bridge Burning and Rope are great but I tend to pull the disc out before I get to the end. 
I do love that they put in a piece of the reel from which they recorded. Since it was done all analog in Dave's Garage. I like bonus gifts in my CD's
I also watch the Doc. Back and Forth a little while ago. It's a good watch. I recommend it.

Armstice: Mission Bells
This little fella is accollaboration between Beatrice Martin (Coeur de Pirate) and Bedouin Soundclash frontman, Jay Malinowski.
I like it it's a short disc 5 songs. Mexican Flamenco style throughout. I've popped it in the stereo quite a few times. 

Arctic Monkeys Suck It and See
Oh Arctic Monkeys So much I want to love everything you put out. But I can not. 
THeir first two albums were great I listen to them all the time. Then Josh Homme produced your third. Quite a different sound acid rock but had a couple of tunes on there that I could get into. THis one... I've tried listening to it 5 or 6 times I've tried to find something that I liked. Sorry boys. I think I'm out.
...I'll probably still buy there next album hoping them head back to their original sound.

And This Little Beauty.. Black Frost.

When ever I'm in New York. Musicians ask you as you walk down the street, "want a cd?" So I decided to say, "Yes." I grabbed it and walked away. Thanking him as I left. He quickly caught up to me.
"Whoa, usually I accept a donation for this." 
Alright, I gave him a couple of 1's I had in my pocket. 
Then he wanted to sign it for me. 
Spelled my name wrong. 
Throw the CD in the car stereo, and it won't read. 
Maybe it's been burned as an mp3.
throw it in the computer, it's blank. 
I've got a blank, signed cd from Mr. Black Frost. And it's not even signed to the proper Neil.

Non-MUSIC

Vibram Five Finger Shoes
I like running and I like bare foot running. But I get blisters from the rocks and pebbles  on the road and in the paths, plus cut here and there. 
These things are awesome!
Good grip light and it's almost like barefoot.
They look a little odd but quite comfortable. 
I'll be running in the Warrior Dash race July 8. It's got mud pits ropes fire... standard race terrain. 

Some Photos

I played the Celebrate Barrie Festival. It was rainy attendance Poor. 
I broke 2 guitar strings on the same song. I finished the song anyways.



This is not a magic potion. It is a bottle of Beer. It costs $100. I was not allowed to drink it.

That's all I got.

-Neil
www.eyeswide.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment