Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Christmas in October, Movember, and the Full Band Jam

I've recorded You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch at One Star Studios in Barrie, ON
So far people enjoy the tune. I had my friend Quammie Williams do some percussion on the song floor stomps tambourine, and hand drums.
It was intentionally for a Christmas CD to go out in the December issue of Pie Magazine.
But, I've decided that I'll put it on iTune as well.
It will be up by December... hopefully before.
All depending on when the licence for the use of the song arrives in my inbox.
Shane Heath, Rudi "Quammie" Williams, and Johnny Cash



It is November, also known as "Movember", a month long cause started in Australia to help promote the awareness of prostate cancer.
Donations to the fund can be made HERE.
Eyeswide has become apart of Movember and 50% of the merch sales from the November tour are going towards Prostate Cancer research. so buy some T's and CD's and help the dudes out!


I'm headed over the border tomorrow for a Show in Buffalo at The French Quarter Cafe. I'm always nervous about these shows because I can't say I'm going over to play because I don't have an entertainment visa (which costs over $1000)  I can't bring very much, if any, Merchandise.

**And actually now that I'm writing this again I have already been there. Getting over the border was fine. Gina takes the wheel puts on her glasses and looks all proper. I sit idly in the passenger seat hoping they don't ask me any questions or want to search the car and find CD's hidden about.**


I've been rehearsing with 3 other musicians for a full band set at The Hideout in Toronto. I'm pretty excited about it. THe first time I practiced with Julien Michaud of Richmond Switch he didn't have a left handed guitar (obviously he is left handed) so he just played an upside down right handed guit and played some great leads and solos.
He's a talented guy that one.

We started off having the drums face the wall for spacial purposes. We soon changed that.
Neil with the Movember 'stache 10 days old.



I've got some rehearsals (I keep forgetting to put the 1st "a" in rehearsals, not a fan of that "a") recorded from an iphone and was going to post one and have anyone who wanted to hear them all could do so by donating any amount of money .50- $20.00.
Not a bad Idea I thought and when I went to go to my donation page link I found out the button did not work on my website. I check the buttons in the store page of my site and they also do not work.
Since the beginning of my site I've had unworkable buttons.
I'm an idiot.
You'd think that I would make sure those things worked...
But alas it is now fixed the Donation button is up and running and you are free to get those rehearsal recordings!  Go HERE to donate.
The majority of the songs are not on the album In Three Days.
Here's one of the songs Celebrity Status. (also dubbed Celery Stalks)
This was the 1st time the full band got together to play so there is some fun stuff in there.
Celebrity Status Rehearsal

SOCAN is fantastic.
I just found out that The Orchestra London Canada played my song "Smile" at one of their performance.
Did they contact me?
Nope.
They listed their performance and songs on SOCAN and that earned me $104
No communication needed. Just a nice deposit in my bank!
I wish I could have heard what it sounded like.

I'm in the middle of my November tour with Kelsey Warren.
I'll write about that next blog when the tour is over.

-Neil
www.eyeswide.ca





No comments:

Post a Comment